Skip to main content

Change, No Change

The washing machine is on, the windows are open, the kettle has just boiled and there are piles of stuff in different places around the house. I am, for the first time in ages, alone and able to get on with anything or nothing. 

There's a bonus £8 for the savings pot as the window cleaner didn't come last month. I have been around collecting up the small coins that have scattered themselves around the house. 

As I bought a new pair of shoes I have added things to the charity bag, these are things I've been keeping for assorted reasons, none of the reasons involved me liking or wearing the items. There's a long glittery tunic that I thought would be useful for festive evenings at the pub or visiting people. I have had it since 2014 and wore it once when we went to the theatre and I could hardly concentrate on the play as it was so prickly. 

The other things are a really unflattering t-shirt that I kept for layering, it doesn't matter how many layers I put on, it still makes me look weird. The other two things are the Boden skirts I bought from the charity shop. In nearly two years I have worn one of them twice, and that's because I forced myself to wear it, the other hasn't been on my body since the day I bought it. 

I'm trying to decide what, if anything, to do on my birthday. 

I am drinking tea, lots of tea.


Comments

  1. I've decided this year I am not buying any item of clothing or footwear unless I've actually tried it on in the shop first...too many impulse purchases in the past have turned out to be things that didn't suit or fit/felt uncomfortable/just looked stupid once tried on at home. Fool that I am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have learned that lesson the hard way! I think I am now being more careful to buy things that are "me", not because they're a good brand or because they fit in with some imaginary idea of the life I'm going to live. Just sticking to the simple things that suit me, which as it turns out are dresses which are the easiest things to wear of all - no matching!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year. I saw a great pin on Pinterest the other day about how to make a reusable shopping bag out of an old t-shirt. Next one I throw out I might try to re-purpose,as I never have a shopping bag in my handbag when I need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good project, let us know how it turns out if you go for it.

      Delete
  3. My birthday's tomorrow and it will be another ordinary day. I'll get up, do whatever takes my fancy and just enjoy. My early present from DD is keeping me occupied. Hope you do whatever takes your fancy when your birthday arrives …. or is it today? If it is - Happy Birthday to you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be an ordinary day for me too but Dan has started taking the day off (and why not?) so we tend to do something.

      My birthday's not until the end of the week, Happy Birthday to you!

      Delete
  4. I just love having the house to myself to do exactly as I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get our birthday day off from work but then everyone else is at work so we end up celebrating alone!! Have a good birthday. I try to be very careful about what I buy now but there is always the garment that just doesn't feel right when you wear it no matter how much you like it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Having a birthday at this time of year is a bit uninspiring in a lot of senses - people are skint, on a diet, back to work and depressed, or just don't remember as it's so close to the festivities Then there's the regifting and joint Christmas and birthday presents, it's a raw deal!

      Delete

Post a Comment