Skip to main content

Bits And Bobs

Along with the cotton box I bought a new coat from the charity shop the other day. It was the only one I even remotely liked, it's a size 10 so it's a little bit big but it means I can wear a thick jumper or layers underneath without being too constricted. It was £6.99, so not absolute bargain basement price but it's a good price for a nice coat - I was starting to worry I'd have to look at real shops for one. I bought it not a moment too soon, the temperature has really dropped and it looks like I'll get some good wear out of it this weekend. 

We visited Dan's mum last night to set up the tablet. That all went fairly well, Dan showed her how to do the very basic things and downloaded a few apps and games. They have already exchanged emails so that part of it is sorted out. 

I bought quite a bit of veg at the supermarket this week so today I'm doing some cooking for the weekend and the freezer, it's as much to keep warm as it is to fill the freezer. I made a really nice and spicy berbere last night using onions, a green pepper, sweet potato, butternut squash and aduki beans, it was delicious there's enough for my lunch today and another portion has gone into the freezer. 

Today I'm going to make chestnut and mushroom casserole, chestnut pie,  a curry of some kind, shepherdess pie and some other kind of veg stew that I haven't dug out a recipe for yet. This will do us for over the weekend and a nice stash for some time in the future. We have gone well off the menu plan, but that doesn't matter, it's a guide not a restriction. 

This weekend should be a nice, relaxing, quiet affair. There's lots of football on the tv so we'll watch some of that and I bought a cookbook, Isa Does It with a gift voucher I received for my birthday so I'll have a look through that too. I'd had a look at this book before when Dan dropped me off at Burnley library for the afternoon, I think it will be a good one for us. I've also started some embroidery so that is set to feature heavily. It's felt like a long week, but I also can't believe it's nearly a week since we were at Bowes Museum, a real mish mash of a week, but nothing to complain about. 

Comments

  1. I wish size 10 was 'a bit big' for me!! Ho, hum. Enjoy the weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still whinge Mum, no matter how big or small I am! Hope you're having a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. you are very productive that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just one of those positive days.

      Delete
  3. Can we see the coat please?!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite often switch my menu plan around. Mainly because I am too lazy to cook what was planned or we have lots of leftovers that need to be used.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why planning works for me. If all else fails then I know I have an idea, but if something else suggests itself then so much the better. I tend to buy what I think is enough for 5 days, it generally means there's enough for at least 7 so if plans change there's no waste but there's plenty to take us through to the next shopping trip.

      Delete
  5. I never see nice coats in charity shops these days, they're all very much not to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are few and far between. I wouldn't have bought this one had it not been really cold, I'm glad I did though as I love it now.

      Delete

Post a Comment