There is a bit (lot) of expense pulling in to take care of in the meantime. I have taken another look at the pantry and freezer and have rewritten the menu plan for the rest of the month.
Here it is -
20. l/o chilli w. sweet potato fries, this was a small lunch-size serving of chilli but as we ate late it did the job.
21. chestnut orzotto, to use up a small amount of freekeh and to make headway with the big bag of pearl barley, leftover for lunch on Friday, using some leeks from the garden *yum*
22. curry already in the freezer
23. shepherdess pie, to use up a few bits of fresh veg and some sprouty potatoes
24. shepherdess pie lunch at the weekend will be the rest of the frozen disappointing soup with a drizzle of chilli dipping sauce - hopefully this will finish off the bottle.
25. chestnut and puy lentil stew with garlic bread, already in the freezer
26. lentil bol, should use up the spaghetti
27. berbere with maftoul, berbere is in the freezer, the maftoul should be used up after this
28. dhal with roti, dhal from the freezer with ancient chutneys
29. lasagne, to make headway with the never ending box of lasagne sheets, roast veg from the freezer
30. curry with cous cous and naan, from the freezer
31. pilaf with sweetcorn patties and ancient chutneys
By that time I imagine we will be desperate for some fresh food! I'll be doing a week by week plan for the next few months, we'll have a budget of £90, not including pet food so I'll just have to base meals around super six and other offers.
I nipped into the charity shop this morning as one of the other vols has moved house and now has a garden, she mentioned needing a soil sieve and wanting a wild flower area. We had two sieves so I gave her one and some of the seeds we bought for 10p from Wilko last year. We were running low on biscuits too so I bought a pack from Home Bargains for 49p and left them there too, they'll be needed to keep morale up, it was freezing in there today!