Skip to main content

Unplugged



We have made some improvements to the festivities, the two worst bits (visiting people) are unavoidable but we have changed things a little. 

We are not having a roast for Christmas lunch. We are having a nut roast, stuffing and sausage sandwich instead. We made the trifle yesterday and decided to start eating it last night, it was a very good decision! For anyone interested it was made from Just Wholefoods jelly crystals, Basics mandarin orange segments, Birds custard made with almond milk, Soyatoo whipping cream and Sainsbury's sweet confetti.

I haven't switched my phone on and have unplugged the landline. I spoke here about my feelings on over-thanking and over-wishing. If I've seen someone/sent them a card/ spoken to them in the past few days there's no need for phonecalls, texts or messages on social media to send best wishes that have already been sent.

For the next couple of hours it's just us, Sky Sports News and a big dish of jelly! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was a very relaxing start to the day.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing well, two comments in two days! I hope you have had (by the time you read this) a very Happy Christmas. I feel the same as you do about Christmas. Today we have: Visited son, daughter in law and granddaughter, then gone on to my Mum for tea and cakes, then back home around 4 to make our dinner, which was for me - Quorn Mince Ragu with potatoes (aka Cottage Pie), and husband Cottage pie. A trifle to finish. I decided to tell people I didn't want to cook a Christmas dinner and it was unfair of me to eat other peoples, if I didn't want to do it myself. I felt terrible but I really think by the time you reach MY age (old) I should be able to do what I want without feeling guilty. I LOVE buying presents so long as I can think of what to get, so it's not that I'm a real scrooge but just a bit of a bah humbug about the whole event. Love your trifle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, best wishes to you too.

      I like buying presents too, and I agree with you about the guilt. I'm also not a Scrooge, I love nothing more than to see people having a great time and getting into the spirit of things, I just don't want everything that comes along with being forced into it.

      Delete
  3. I hope you've both enjoyed your day. Have a great evening. Merry Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, we had a really nice afternoon.

      Delete

Post a Comment