Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Thawing

I admit it, I am feeling a little more positive about Christmas. 

Other than a slightly tense interaction with my coffee buddy from the shop last week where she shoved a milk chocolate biscuit into my mouth and said "it doesn't count, it's Christmas" everyone has been so wonderful. My family were full of the spirit of the season on Saturday, Father is looking forward to sneaking around with my brother to build a wendy house (are they still called that?) for my nieces while my Mum and SIL distract them.

I found an unusual card in the charity shop and it got an amazing reaction from the recipient. He's not easy to get a reaction from but Dan showed me a text from a very excited chap, lots of exclamation marks. He said he laughs every time he sees it, well worth 9p. I've nipped into the local shops to say Merry Christmas to the owners and had a nice chat with them. 

 We had an unexpected evening out on Monday with friends who are in the country this week. As I said they had taken some photos for us, they also gave us four bars of chocolate, one was nougat - something I thought I would't have again! Last night we met up with our friends from London and a few other people. It was so nice, everyone was so happy and genuinely happy to see each other, it was brilliant. Plus a young chap said he thought I was 32, the same age as him, so he can come again!

We had a lovely day at the shop, impromptu carol singing, a small amount of dancing and nice conversations with customers. We've even received Christmas cards from customers, how gorgeous is that? 

I haven't been this heartwarmed since we saw Tommy Steele a few years ago. 

12 comments:

  1. There are moments of pleasantness even over the Christmas period!
    I was overcome with heartwarming thoughts when I had to post a parcel and found no queue in the sub post office I visited and even wished the old man behind the cage a Merry Christmas while putting my 60p change into the local hospice donation box.
    Hope springs eternal as some say;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No queue in the Post Office, what an amazing thing to happen!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same - it's taken me a while to prepare for Christmas. Getting there now though :)

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're starting to feel festive Lizzie, have a great Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'll see if I can get him to send me a picture of it :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you've had a positive time. The carol singing sounds great! Just out of interest, how old are you? I kind of assumed you were around my age (I'm 34!)
    Hope you have a nice break!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The carol singing was fun, maybe not for anyone listening though!

      I am 40, 41 at the start of next month.

      Best Christmas wishes to you.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've had a really good week. I saw Tommy Steele a few years ago in Dr Doolittle. I'd waited almost 30 years for him to return to Blackpool.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good week. We had a great time (at my expense) at the shop yesterday too, we were all crying with laughter.

      We saw Tommy Steele in A Christmas Carol at Blackpool Opera House. He was amazing!

      Delete