Skip to main content

Make It Easy



I'm a not bad not particularly keen cook as I've said before, so if there's an easy way I'll give it a go. The cooking tip that has had the biggest impact on me isn't about cooking, it's about washing up. Having a washing up bowl full of hot soapy water there means I don't have to be faced with a massive pile of dishes, and things are usually clean when I need them

Yesterday, as mentioned, I took another easy option and roasted a big pile of veg, four onions, a bag of peppers, sweet potatoes, a squash and the punnet of mushrooms. Most of it is currently open freezing, then will be bagged up for future use, some was added to some couscous for lunch, and some squash and sweet potatoes will become soup for tomorrow. If I can stay a day ahead of myself then we should be able to keep away from the lure of the takeaway or junk.

It took about an hour to peel and chop everything, get it in the oven, wash up and match lids to tubs for overnight storage, but it was worth it. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was a lot of chopping and peeling but it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Washing up as I go is my favoured option, as is, if I can, putting the served up meals back in the still hot oven to stay hot while I wash up the majority of things so all that's left afterwards are plates and cutlery. I can't enjoy a meal if I know there are pots and pans waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a simple but effective idea.

      Delete
  3. I like to have a selection of roasted veg in the freezer, ready to go for a lazy couscous or quinoa dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time of year we're so likely to have a change of plans it's far better to have something ready to go to remove other temptations

      Delete

Post a Comment