Skip to main content

Lazy Sunday



In the spirit of doing something different, and with there being only so much waking on the beach people want to do at a weekend, we decided to see Star Wars. Dan seemed to recall watching one of them, which we narrowed down to almost certainly being The Empire Strikes Back and I had seen the three original films so we thought we'd give it a go. We have a small cinema in the town so I booked tickets online, under £4 each even with booking fee. 

Thankfully the rain stopped overnight and it was a gorgeous, sunny day so we were able to wander down rather than take the car. We did decide to stop off for a coffee beforehand, a last bit of wasted money before the new year and hard savings. Plus we received some money as a gift and were told in no uncertain terms that we should try to not spend it on anything sensible. Only the chain coffee shops were open and they were both packed so we got our drinks to go and had a walk on the prom. You'd have thought it was summer, you can't tell from the photograph, but it was packed. There were children riding bikes and scooter - all still very new and shiny, lots of dog walkers, people eating ice cream and even someone building a sandcastle on the beach!

There were quite a lot of people in for the screening of the film, more than I'd expected so there was a really good atmosphere. We both very much enjoyed it, I had to explain a couple of things to Dan at the end but he enjoyed it even without knowing all the details. On the way home we found ourselves in Wetherpoons and were on the verge of ordering food and drinks until I changed my mind. Before we came out I'd chopped the last bit of a red pepper* and the few remaining mushrooms ready to make something when we got back and I was determined to do so. Instead of eating out we nipped into the corner shop for a treat, we decided on some Pringles, we've not had them for years, and they were only just over £1 so not too expensive. 

I made curried veg noodles which we had with some fizzy water and now we're sharing a bottle of Stringers Dry Stout and the potato snacks. Happy times. 

*the menu plan has gone a bit sideways as we didn't eat out on two occasions we thought we would, thankfully everything has stretched and we've had plenty to cover the extra meals at home. 

Comments

  1. The sunshine brought people out in droves today too! I've mostly been snoozing! School and the last week finally caught up with me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoozing is on the list for this afternoon, I'm really looking forward to it. Can't believe I'm back at the charity shop tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Hi we have just seen the film as well, enjoyed it was a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. We don't go to the cinema all that often but when we do I always wonder why our visits are so few and far between. At £3.50 each it's an affordable treat.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! Pringles ARE tasty!! Good choice of treat!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea on having something ready to throw together when you got home. Wish I would remember to do the same some days.

    Our sons went to see the new Star Wars and really enjoyed it as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. Having the veg prepared is a huge help as in my mind the meal is half done, it makes cooking at home the obvious choice. It's just a game I play with myself!

      Delete

Post a Comment