Skip to main content

Good Weekend


It was our work Christmas party on Saturday and I was very happy to come home having only spent 95p. We had paid £5 each for the buffet but as there was nothing I would/could/whatever eat the manager gave me my money back! 

We went to Sainsbury's for a few things and got a price match voucher for £1.12 to use next time round, we only spent £11 so it wasn't a bad return. I'll be doing the last of the batch cooking this afternoon. 

We went for a walk on the beach and I found a penny. 

Dan made tea last night so I didn't have to. 

Comments

  1. How lovely to read about a sensibly priced Christmas "Do"..... and even nicer to read that you weren't penalised for your diet. (This is something that irritates my sister all the time.) Have a good week, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind paying, but I didn't expect there would be anything I would want, it was just a buffet in the pub, rather than a "proper" meal.

      Delete
  2. How unfortunate that the buffet proved inedible for you - but good that it was recognised and you got your money back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate before I went out as I didn't expect there to be anything for me. I was surprised to get my money back though, it has gone into the sealed pot.

      Delete
  3. I found a penny last week too. Now did you pick it up? I did.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I think Lady Luck follows me around sometimes :)

      Delete
  5. Those weekends when you spend very little are definitely some of the best sort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to have been given your money back!

    We went to Sainsbury for some Christmas treats and it was so expensive and only one carrier bags worth :|
    On the other hand, Waitrose just sent us £24 worth of vouchers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, I certainly wasn't expecting it.

      That was very kind of Waitrose, lucky you.

      Delete

Post a Comment