Skip to main content

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week

A very good week. 

Most of the stuff came via my mum. Along with my Christmas presents (of which there are many this time round) there was a Moomins calendar, I did think I was getting this as a Christmas gift as I'd spotted it in The Book People catalogue a while ago, but she gave it to me as a bonus!

I also received two Style At Home magazines, these will be good during coffee and feet up time. 

I was still on the lookout for something else for Dan as I'd only spend £12 of the £20 gift budget. An old table football game came into the shop and I bought it for £5. Very happy and still well under budget, it all looks very impressive as the other gifts I bought for him are very small. I hope we don't fall out when I beat him!

Last night we saw a couple of friends who are in the country for a week or two and they gave us some photographs they'd taken of the modernist buildings in their town, what a lovely gesture. 

Today and tomorrow I'll be wearing the reindeer antlers I bought for 79p, I don't have a Christmas jumper (compulsory attire at the shop) so antlers plus some baubles and tinsel will do the trick. 

Comments

  1. I wear a flashing brooch and some sparkly accessories!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manager had a flashing brooch, she could have sold it ten times over, people loved it!

      There was a Santa suit in the shop yesterday, I have a feeling I may end up wearing that today :)

      Delete
  2. That's good about the picnic table. Our budget for Secret Santa for my husband's family siblings was £50.but I'm very pleased that I have managed to send £25 on my person but the value of the items is about £100!!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, that is great shopping. I don't know the value of the gifts I've bought but I am starting to think I have an unfair advantage over everyone else by being at the shop a few times a week to spot the bargains.

      Delete
  3. Hello fellow blogger! I have a Christmas Jumper that doesn't fit any more - it's more like a Christmas crop topped tea shirt!! However I still wear festive earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for dropping in!

      I think it's almost warm enough for a Christmas crop top! It could start a trend :)

      Delete

Post a Comment