Skip to main content

Freebie And Bargain of the Week



I don't think I have either this week.

I did, however, put £1 too much into the window cleaner pot so I rescued that and put it in the sealed pot. I didn't go out for coffee after work this week saving a few pounds, again into the sealed pot. We were supposed to be going out for a meal this weekend but our friend has had to cancel so that's who knows how much not spend, it made the bill for Christmas* and New Year** buffet food less painful.

Finishing my small quilt has made me want to get the big thing finished. To save both money and sanity it's going to be more of a patchwork throw than a quilt, so I'm just stitching the backing and front together and leaving it at that. It's so big I don't know how I'd manage to stitch it with wadding as well. It's mainly for show anyway. 

I've done some more batch cooking, the freezer is almost full. I have a pile of socks to darn over the weekend, my old boots made my feet slide forward and all my socks have a hole in exactly the same place. Should give me something to do when watching the winter sport. 

From the charity shop I bought a small wooden decoration and a giftbag, there was no other temptation. 

*Dan's Mum is rather fussy so we have the same things each year. The main switch is that we pay for it now. 

** I had enough to cobble food together for my brother and his girlfriend staying for one night, but now it's going to be at least two nights/three days so I needed a bit of padding. 

Comments

  1. Now that I'm getting by on a restricted budget, I've realised how much money can go on coffees and snacks out. When are you going to open your sealed pot? Is it for a special occasion? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our new sealed pot so it will be opened this time next year. We are saving up to buy some artwork. It's a real eye opener seeing how much little snacks out add up to.

      Delete
  2. Good to have made some savings. I've just got a last minute paid gig for tomorrow night so I'm quite pleased to earn a little extra money!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exellent, hope you have a good time as you earn.

      Delete
  3. You darn socks too! I have a wooden fly agaric darning mushroom :) there's something peaceful about darning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fab! I always leave it for a really long time but I do get a bit of pleasure from darning when I get round to it.

      Delete
  4. I love darning socks and have a pile by my chair that I should do. Perhaps tonight after supper. It really will not take very long at all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, there's something very reassuring about getting through that pile.

      Delete

Post a Comment