Monday, 9 November 2015

Weekend Away Part One

There may or may not be part two. 

I seem to remember when we came home from Berwick that I said going away was more trouble than it was worth. I still believe that to be true for me. 

We went to London at the weekend to see The World of Charles and Ray Eames at the Barbican Centre. We were only planning on going for the day but when my mum said she was looking after my nieces that weekend she suggested they come to stay and we could stay overnight in London. So we said "Yes, thank you very much".

Dan did some good work with train tickets and managed to snap them up for £30 return each, we booked the same hotel we stayed at last time, got an early bird booking for the show we wanted to see, and used our Art Pass for the exhibition itself.

The day before we went away we had the boiler serviced. At 4am on Saturday there was no hot water. On Sunday there was no heating either.

My parents couldn't switch the tv on. For more than three hours. There were many many many many many texts about it.

And a phonecall.

And something else I can't remember.

I almost threw my phone in the river.

When we got home there was a bin bag on the drive. Thankfully it was a bag of rubbish, it was in front of the bin shed.

I don't know why.

We had an amazing time, but I really don't think it was amazing enough to deal with the small stones in my mental shoe. The boiler guy is currently here fixing the boiler - of course the fact that it didn't work after he serviced it is nothing to do with him and must be something that we've done.

I'm having a nice cup of tea and a sit down. It is, after all, great to be home. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahrgh, isn't that just typical!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It was bound to happen. the boiler guy did admit it was his fault, so he fixed it free of charge. Everything worked out for the best as these things tend to do.

      Delete