Friday, 27 November 2015

Toiletries

another dark, grainy picture from the bathroom 
I've done my annual toiletries check up. Have we managed to reduce the amount of products we use? Have I learned anything at all? You can see last year's post here.

The first thing to notice is that Dan and I have at least the same amount of products, we still share quite a lot. There are also a fair few things hanging around from last year - tea tree oil, spray gel, hair wax, shaving foam, big bottle of Lush shampoo, they will be the things we don't replace. 

The bottle of Paul Mitchell hair stuff is virtually empty and won't be replaced. The face wipes won't be replaced either, we bought them for use on the train when we went away, the bottle of face serum was an emergency purchase when I was at the shop and my skin was so dry it was painful so I ran out to buy something from the town. There are two virtually empty shower gels there too, one of which will be replaced by one we bought from Preston last week, I will use that too until we visit somewhere to get my favourite, Sea Buckthorn. 

I have a couple of extra products as I've got a new hairstyle this year and my hair is so fine I need something to tame it. Dan will probably use whatever I buy when the wax is gone, he's taken to have his hair much shorter now so doesn't use as much as before. So the amount of stuff is getting smaller. I'd like it to be smaller still by this time next year. We shall see. 




10 comments:

  1. We have a ridiculous amount, when they run out, I am hoping to have enough free samples which I am getting as many as I can so I can try not to buy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to get by using free samples would be fantastic, what a great challenge to see how long you can last without buying anything.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting to see what products you use. I use the same moisturiser at night. I like it. You don't seem to use an excessive amount in my opinion. I have really overspent on toiletries recently and have a bit of a stash going on. Time to reduce it really, I need to work on that again. Like you, I would like to get down to using as few products as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing what other people use, even if I have no idea what it's for! The moisturiser is great for Dan as his skin is very dry, a side effect of his medication/illness and it doesn't contain whatever it is that usually turns me bright red in the face.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have a conversation with you about your skin as it troubles me that it was so dry it hurt to be touched...
    Skincare and makeup is one of my keen interests and my bathroom reflects this....and various drawers ladened with products - however if the house burnt down and I had to start over I would start 'lite'
    This doesn't look a lot to me -



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern, It was the perfect storm of my sensitive skin, having had a cold so I was extra dried out from nose blowing and watery eyes, dryness from the heating in the shop, and a very sharp sea breeze at that time.

      It didn't take long to clear up once I could put moisturiser on it again and was eating and drinking properly.

      Delete
  4. I seem to collect samples of hair care products much like fabric and yarn. Now I need to use them up. Thanks so much for the reminder.

    I just wish Harvey would use the same products as me. We have separate shampoos, conditioners, and toothpaste.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just recently I have been getting a few more free samples, I make an effort to use them as soon as possible, otherwise I'll keep them for best and never end up using them!

      Delete
  5. I posted about what we use at our house here: http://anexactinglife.com/2015/08/26/current-beauty-products/
    The two of us use some of the same products, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll take a look. I think given a free choice Dan wouldn't share with me, I think he'd like me to have my own and spoil myself a bit more. I think I'm spoilt enough.

      Delete