Wednesday, 18 November 2015

More Mess

Thank you to everyone for your replies yesterday, they cheered me up no end. As there was more than one taker for the scarf I'll pick a name out of a hat, I'll do that on Friday so if anyone else wants to throw their name in you have today and tomorrow to do so. 

I have not been out into the garden, other than to hand out washing, for a very long time indeed. Yesterday the wind died down, there was no rain, there was no sun either but it wasn't cold, so I went out in my pyjamas and planted some bulbs. I don't know if it's too late to plant bulbs now but they can just sit in the ground and either grow or wait. 

I ignored the rest of the mess, the massive weeds, the things that need to go into the compost, the rotting sunflower, the tomato plant that's still hanging about, the leaves and everything else that makes me leave the blinds down at the moment. I went out and shoved things in holes for half an hour or so then I came back in and tried not to think about the rest of it. 

Hopefully at some point in the future something lovely will appear. I both enjoy and don't enjoy bulb planting, on the one hand my calves always end up hurting with all the crouching but on the other hand it's the best way to spend not all that much energy, time or cash in order to get a lot of nice things to look at. 

Then the rain came back and I was very glad I'd got out while the getting was good. 

4 comments:

  1. I have a stack of plastic planters, mostly scrounged over the years, and have filled them with bulbs. Once the flowers are over I will shove them behind the shed to do their thing till it is time to put them back next year. I was given a sack of mixed bulbs and was able to stand up and plant them all at waist height so no back ache. win win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea. I have lots of empty pots I could do that for an extra bit of colour, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I planted bulbs too, probably late, but they're planted. As to the weeds, they're on their own, I'll deal with them in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the attitude I'm going to take with the weeds too. My leeks are getting quite big now so they obscure the view a little bit anyway.

      Delete