Thursday, 5 November 2015

Freebie Of The Week



It was monthly market time again today so I nipped down for some Vpud. My mum tried some last time she visited and asked me to buy one for her to take home this weekend. The man on the stall gave me a freebie as it was his temperature sample one. He'd stuck the thermometer probe into it so couldn't sell it as there was a hole in the package, as I'd bought three he asked me if I would like to take it home and eat it in the next few days. I, of course, said thank you very much!

I had a lovely time in the town, I'm getting to know a few of the stallholders and shop owners so shopping takes a bit longer now as I'm chatting away to people about cooking, quilting and other good stuff. I also bumped into a few other shop volunteers so had a chat with them too.  

A far better day than yesterday. We had to call the police to a flat near the shop as it sounded like a serious assault was taking place. It was awful, we all felt so helpless until the police arrived. The lady was taken to hospital and the man arrested, the police thanked us for notifying them as many people are too afraid to get involved. It really was a distressing experience and made me more grateful than ever to have wonderful people around me. 

6 comments:

  1. Scary incident. I've had to call the police before about a woman across the road screaming in the night like she was being attacked. In this case, she was just a bit high spirited I think, but it scared me and I'd hate to think that no one did anything and something awful was happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's fa better to be safe than sorry.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen Vpud and now i have to find some. Well done on alerting the police, so many do not like to get involved, just in case it blows up in their face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free is good. Enjoy.

    I hope the lady that was taken to the hospital is okay. You all were so right to get involved.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know if we'll ever hear an update, I hope all is well though.

      Delete