Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Cosy Under Foot



After having it in the garage for a few weeks we finally laid the new lino under the bunny pen at the weekend, the buns are very pleased with it. It's a lot lighter than the last stuff so it makes a bit of a difference to the light in the room. We haven't had time to take the old piece to the tip yet, so I'm keeping out of the garage for now as it's just full of stuff we need to get rid of. 

My old boots gave up the ghost at the end of last winter so I have been after replacements, it has not been easy. Everything was either just not me, or the cost made me dizzy. I decided to have another search last week and found these little shiny Chelsea Boots. They're cute, waterproof and (as far as people have been able to advise me) animal free. Surprisingly they are Crocs!


They arrived yesterday, just before I went to the shop so I was able to break them in when I was at work. I was impressed, they're a very good fit, I did buy some squidgy insoles on my way home, but that's because I just like them, ot because they were uncomfortable otherwise. Pricewise I was happy too, as it was my first order I received a 20% off voucher and when I got to checkout there was free delivery too, saving another £4, so I was well under my £40 budget. I can now kick up fallen leaves and splash in puddles as much as I like. 

I have talked myself out of buying a winter coat (I have got rid of my wool ones). Instead what I'll try is wearing my mac with my walking jacket underneath. The walking jacket is waterproof and windproof but not very attractive when I'm wearing nice clothes so with the mac over the top I should have the best of all worlds. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your new boots. Very cute. It's great when you get a good deal online. I'm afraid I find it difficult to resist them far too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing them for the past few days and they're very comfortable, I've had no back pain either which is great.

      I agree with you, it's very tempting to just have a little look when an offer drops into the inbox, but I've trained myself to not window shop, I know what I want/need and then wait until there is an offer when possible. If a discount involves signing up to a mailing list I tend to use the discount then unsubscribe fairly quickly. Offers come up frequently enough for me to not feel like I'm missing out when I do want to buy something.

      Delete
  2. They'll certainly come in handy if your weather has been anything like ours down south, rain, rain, rain and more rain. Add blustery winds in for good measure, I got soaked on Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were ideal for the weekend, my feet were warm and dry in all that rain! Really comfortable too.

      Delete