Monday, 5 October 2015

Winterising

I know it's not properly winter until we see Arsene Wenger wearing that big coat he struggles to zip up but yesterday winterising began here. 

After the launderette success of the other week I swapped the thin duvet to a thicker one, due to his ailments Dan feels the cold very easily so I thought it was for the best, in my world it's not really cold enough but it was very nice to feel the weight of it when I was in bed last night. I also put the door curtain up, it's not actually a curtain, it's an orange sheet I got from the charity shop, but it does enough to just take the edge off the cold coming in from the porch. 

I'm not quite sure what he did but Dan wandered round with a caulking gun and some glue fixing things about the place, we took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and cut the front lawn, did some weeding and general tidying of things that might fly away when it gets windy. 

We also had a chat about our diet, it has not been particularly healthy recently. A few extra bits and bobs have been creeping in, portion sizes have started to grow and we've been eating quite a lot of sugar. So we're clamping down on that too. It's been easy to use being busy, or tired, or stressed or whatever to justify all the sweet treats. That is coming to an end and with a bit of creative deprivation treats will go back to being treats, not a daily thing.



6 comments:

  1. Its definitely starting to feel like winter today, now the rain and wind has come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got soaked on my way home from the charity shop yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. I know what you means about sugar. We spent Saturday at a racing circuit and I ended craving sugar just because it was cold. What sort of an excuse is that...????! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which door do you use the curtain for and how do you hang the material please? I ask because our backdoor has seriously dropped and there's a hefty gap so I might try this!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the curtain for the door between the porch and the dining area. It's a fairly basic set up we have for hanging, I used two hooks I found in the garage ans bought a cafe rod from the charity shop and just threaded the rod through the wide hem bit of the sheet.

      I tie it up when it's not in use and we just move it to one side when using the door as it doesn't glide like a proper curtain.

      Delete