Thursday, 29 October 2015

Effort

After making a real effort with my appearance at the start of the year, the summer has seen a small slide. When the warmer weather arrived I stopped wearing make up, it just slides off my face when it's warm and I haven't got back into the swing of it. I have also been wearing trousers more and I always feel scruffy when I do. 

I only own one pair of jeans and one pair of kind of red canvas legging type things, both were bought to go under a tunic, but I've been wearing them just with a top and I don't think it suits me at all. It's just laziness, I say to myself "oh I'm only doing xyz" so it doesn't really matter. I'm right, it doesn't really matter in any objective sense, but it matters to me so I need to prioritise it.

For the past couple of weeks I've been wearing my proper clothes when I've been at the shop, rather than my charity shop clothes that I bought from my shop to wear at the shop. Funnily enough I have had lots of compliments from customers people in general. I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm not going to stop looking for things at the shop but I'm going to be far more careful about it. 

I'm also on the lookout for a new lipstick and some shoes. I own a lipstick but I did a bit o poking about and it contains beeswax so when I replace it I'll be on the lookout for a different brand. Shoes are another thing entirely - I am suffering from price shock, still once it's done I won't have to think about it again! 

2 comments:

  1. I try to keep things simple with work clothes - dark trousers & cream or white shirts. That means I don't have to think about it. The same with make up - one eyshadow, one brown kohl pencil, mascara and the same lipstick for work. It's my uniform, I guess, but I can be ready very quickly in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of power in not having to think about things. The simplicity is one of the reasons I wear dresses most of the time - it's just one thing, maybe add a cardi and I'm ready to go.

      Delete