Thursday, 24 September 2015

Improvements

Firstly, an update on my post yesterday (thank you for your comments). I didn't have to raise the matter with the manager as she, and the deputy manager, raised it with me. They were unaware of the conversation we had had, but they asked me how I was getting on with the other volunteer, so I told them. They said it wasn't the first issue they'd had, and had spoken to him about things (obviously I don't know what else has happened). That was a huge relief and it turns out it's not just me after all. 

In more positive news, the main part of the quilt top is complete. I am just going to add some scrappy strips to make it a bit wider, mainly because I don't have enough fabric to make additional blocks. This is where I am with it so far


I've also had to turn it sideways. I might have to have a think about it, although I doubt anyone would notice other than me. 



I thought it would never reach this point, what a relief!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, loving your quilt top. I really like the idea of grey for my (I mean our bedroom but my other half has little input on colours) bedroom. I've just started a bed runner, I would have tried a full quilt but they do get tricky to handle. I struggled to machine quilt a single quilt. Will you be machine quilting it or doing it by hand? Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It will be hand quilted, I don't use a machine for any part of my quilts.

      The spare room (pictured) is a really light blue grey which works well as the room is north east facing. The main bedroom is darker grey (Farrow & Ball "Manor House Grey" should you have a paint chart) and we both love it. Dan was a little sceptical at first but he loves it now, the room is still bright but really cosy.

      Delete
  2. The quilt is looking great. Well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that quilt, I tend towards a frenzy of colour but this has appeal. I have worked with grey, aqua and orange in the past, now I am thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My other quilts are quite brightly coloured but fancied a change for this one. It has inspired me to have another go at binding my pink and orange lap quilt so it's a nice change to have a riot of colour after all that grey.

      Delete
  4. Glad that others have experienced it too and perhaps it might get sorted with his attitude! The quilt is brilliant,,I love the shades!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, I don't think he'll be around for that much longer unless his attitude changes drastically.

      Glad you like the quilt :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I'd love to make one but have no patience. Am in awe of anyone who can do that, looks lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm very impatient too, I first made a quilt because I wanted to know if I could do it, I'm very good at starting things but not quite as good at following projects through to the end.

      Delete
  6. Lovely! I fancy making a quilt but that time stuff prevents me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, time is something you need to get a big quilt done, I'm a bit of a fidget so having something for my hands to do stops me from messing with things I shouldn't!

      Delete