Wednesday, 16 September 2015

How Times Change



We bought some new furniture the other week, so we now share a nice wooden chest of drawers rather than me having a small set of drawers of my own which it turns out was scowled at by Dan every morning. Dan had a set of plastic drawers hidden in his wardrobe. 

The new drawers are huge and there is more than enough room for all of our stuff. To avoid a total mess Dan used the plastic drawers as dividers in the new chest, I don't yet have anything like that but am used to keeping things a bit more tidy. There's a shallow jewellery drawer right at the top, I'm using that for my hair and make up stuff, but we decided it probably was a good idea to get something to organise it.

So on the Friday night we went to Home Sense in Preston and I ended up with a really good drawer organiser, it was in the kitchen, rather than the bathroom section but it's as close to a perfect fit as you can get. 



I also bought some citrus scented drawer liners (pictured above) as there was a bit of an old wood smell. We were both pretty happy with the purchases and off we went. On our way home we drove past some freshers off out into town for an army themed night out, I thought to myself how a Friday night changes in 20 years!

4 comments:

  1. An army themed night. Never seen one of those before. My nieces have both started University this academic year.

    I love the drawer trays, they look like the perfect solution. I'm a big fan of Home Bargains at the moment as I seem to find certain things I use regularly in there so much cheaper than anywhere else. It's becoming a regular haunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Home Bargains, they get some really good stuff in and when they do it's time to stock up!

      Delete
  2. This looks really good and I like the idea of citrus drawer liners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The citrus is a really good smell and there's not much "vintage" aroma left in the drawers now.

      Delete