Thursday, 3 September 2015

Good Things

I knew something would happen, everything was just running too smoothly. The washing machine has stopped working, it was always going to happen just after we'd bought some house stuff. Typical. 

Today I nipped into the town to drop a bag of scrap fabric off at the shop for someone, the monthly market was on so I bought some v-pud and on the next stall was the one thing that makes September the greatest of great months - greengages! I had quite forgotten and am now a happy little pumpkin. 

10 comments:

  1. Have never had a greengage - all the plums available here are purple, red or yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never had one until a couple of years ago, I'm glad to have eaten them now though, they're so delicious. I bought some Victoria Plums too as they were cheap.

      Delete
  2. I love greengages. There used to be a tree in the car park of my old allotment and I used to pick hundreds for free, if they hadn't already been snaffled by some of the plotholders who like them before they got ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like greengages too. I used to pick sloes locally in our park and nearby and then the local town council slashed them down. Happily I think there are more growing and I'm not quite sure when's the time to pick them. They don't look so large probably to the lack of rain earlier on in the season. Sloe gin and vodka, umm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum yum yum. Sloe gin! I have never seen greengages growing anyway, although I've never looked so that would explain it. Seems like there are, or were, a lot about.

      Delete
  4. My parcel arrived today: thank you SO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that was quick! Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Sometimes the small things are the best.

      Delete