Thursday, 27 August 2015

Switching Off, Switching On.

If Sarah will please provide contact details I will get the lino printing stuff out to you in the next week or so. 

I had forgotten that we have a bank holiday this weekend, now I know I'm really looking forward to it, there is rumour of a lie in. We are also off out and about to look for furniture, that sounds like it has the potential to be a bit stressful so I'm planning pastries and a flask of coffee to sweeten the deal. 

The freezer is in a very sorry state and needs to be defrosted so we've been eating from this this week and will continue to do so until Monday which means very little cooking for me this weekend too, which is a bonus. Dan is going to make a crumble with the rest of the frozen fruit, he makes a really good crumble topping, I don't know where he got the recipe and he won't tell me what he does to make it so nice, I know almonds are involved. Anyway, if I don't know then Dan has to continue to hold the title of Chief Crumble Maker. 

I know most people enjoy September, the time of fresh starts, but I am really looking forward to it this year. I don't really have anything planned, it just seems that a new month is an exciting time. Plus it's switch on which is a strange and wonderful thing, the film director Tim Burton is getting the illuminations going this year, another big name to add to the list. I just checked and Tom Baker (Doctor Who) did the honours the year I was born, Robbie Williams did it the first year we lived here and so the first time I experienced the lights. It never fails to astound me that in this day and age people will turn up to look at loads of light bulbs, but we do and it's fun.   


4 comments:

  1. I am not keen on September. I feel gloomy for my most hated season- Autumn! I get all bah-humbug when bloggers start enthusing about the 'Fall' and 'Autumn' and just feel sad about the loss of summer!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting - I agree with you about the yippity-skipping and photo collages of Autumn, but I still class September as Summer. I think it's because University didn't start until October and I always worked in hotels and we were really busy in September, probably because I worked in places that weren't family focused.

      For me September is one of the few months that's just about "now". It's not cramming something in before the holidays are over, it's not discussing the march towards that thing that happens in December, it's not wishing the season was over and Spring would start. It just is what it is, nice weather but not too hot to sleep, the garden is still full of food and flowers, everywhere is still open when you want to visit it, but everyone has lost that crazy edge we tend to have in July and August.

      Delete
  2. I have to go back to work in September after 12 weeks off, that is going to be a bit of a shock to the system! X

    ReplyDelete