Friday, 31 July 2015

Pay Day Temptation

It's pay day for Dan, not for me though, my money doesn't trickle down until Monday. I see this as a good thing, but Dan has a small burning sensation in his pockets. 

We're going to mima tomorrow to catch the last weekend of an exhibition. Plus we just want to go as I don't think we've been since mu birthday when we went to the David Lynch exhibition. It's a bit of a drive so we'll need some food, a picnic is the first port of call but our heads have been turned by the idea of stopping at Cross Lanes on the A66 (home of dhal inspiration). But I have put my foot down and said I'll make a picnic so Dan doesn't have to, and I'm not sure it's been a popular decision, I have offered the compromise of stopping for a drink there (as we generally need to use the facilities by that point). 

I didn't go for coffee after the charity shop this week so I have the money I'd usually spend there to provide for the trip. I think I might go for soup for a change, some cous cous salad (yes, we're still on that) and a houmous sandwich as usual, flask of water, flask of coffee, Nakd nibbles and after the success of it earlier in the week I might use the rest of the rhubarb and some berries to make a turnover. There's a bit of custard left, could I use that inside I wonder.

It's not like Dan to not want a picnic and for me to be the one pushing the idea, so I really want to win him over. We've both been hit hard (not really) by the realisation that the M&S sushi we very very occasionally treated ourselves to contains milk, so Dan's new project is to make it himself. I get the impression we've been through this phase before as I know there's an unwrapped bamboo rolling mat in the kitchen. We shall see.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your picnic idea and the 'tough love'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the picnic looks great, the other thing, not going quite as well!

      Delete
  2. I hope that you have a great day tomorrow. The picnic sounds delicious. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day out of not going to happen, but the picnic looks amazing!

      Delete