Friday, 24 July 2015

Old Friends


Yesterday I had the proverbial blast from the past.

A friend of mine has been asking me assorted questions about our lifestyle, which makes it all sound very grand and worthy so I have been using messenger a lot, something I don't do usually. I noticed that in my "other" folder there were two messages, these messages are usually from beautiful, scantily clad Russian babes, but not on this occasion. One was spam, the other had been waiting for me for a few weeks, from someone I knew years and years ago.


The message read "I found this photo and thought you might like it" complete with the above picture of me wearing a terrible blue velvet tunic, standing in my parents house. 

How shiny is my hair!

I liked that he did it that way, just passing on the picture and then away to get on with life, no messing about with friend requests and so on, there was a time we were friends and then we drifted away. It was really nice to receive the picture, and wonderful to know this guy is still kicking around even though we'll probably never speak again.  

10 comments:

  1. How funny is that he sent it! Your hair is very shiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said he was scanning old photos so he could get rid of the originals and whenever he saw a picture of an old friend he was contacting them on facebook is her could in order to pass them on. Such a lovely thing to do.

      Delete
  2. Ah, sweet. What a kind thought.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing - and wow, everything in that photo screams nostalgia.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The picture is 20 years old, I think my parents were going through a frumpy decorating phase here, they're usually a bit more fashionable :)

      Delete
  4. That was a kind gesture. I scanned oodles of pictures from nights out at a pub I used to go to years ago and put them on the facebook page a friend had created for the place ( it has long since been converted to flats) and people lived seeing all the all the old pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A group is a good idea too, a great way to have a virtual get together.

      Delete