Monday, 27 July 2015

More More More

Now Dan has embraced gardening he is full of good ideas, yesterday he suggested we get a better seed storing box as the one I've been using is getting a bit cramped. I agreed with him but didn't want to spend any money on a proper one so we had a hunt around the house. Dan found a plastic box with a lid in the garage and I made a few inserts in an attempt to organise the seeds.


I chopped up falafel mix, pastry and yeast boxes to make seed holders and put them in the box. It gets no more exciting than that. The box was also big enough to hold the two pepper pots I bought for 40p from Wilko on Saturday.


Seemed sensible to keep my pencil and plant markers in there too. I could do with another couple of inserts, but this is a good start.

There's still a lot of cutting back to be done in the back garden, Father is going to come up next month to help me with it, I have done enough to help a few more plants to show their faces. I tied a straggly bit of rose to a cane the other week, assuming it was another yellow one, on Friday I learned it's pink. 


Sadly, the rain has damaged all the petals this morning, so I'm glad I saw it before that. The second new plant is purple, and I have no idea what it is, but I love the colour and the papery texture.


I'm really enjoying the small victories and continuing to ignore the big picture!


6 comments:

  1. The blue flower looks like some form of Canterbury Bell. The rose is/was beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, I'll write that down so I don't forget.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pink rose, looks perfect. the small things when they add up sorts the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely shape and really uniform colour, beautiful. This is why I am focusing on the small things, hopefully at some point I'll look at an area and all the small things will have joined up to look like a gorgeous big thing too!.

      Delete
  3. The purple plant looks like Canterbury Bells, if there are several bells up the stem, tha is. I have them in that colour and in white, but I didn't plant them, so I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there do appear to be buds up the stem, sounds like that's what this plant is. I love the bonus plants - every time I find one it's one less thing for me to spend money on.

      Delete