Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Lemon Squeezy

Dan informed me this morning that we had nothing for lunch tomorrow. I don't like going to have to buy anything when I've been at the shop in the afternoon so I made something instead. I know this is what some people do every day, but not me, Dan is in charge of lunch usually.



Couscous is one of those things that I eat elsewhere and always really enjoy, so I buy some and it tends to hang around in the pantry for ages. So I made couscous salad. I roasted assorted veg, including some very squishy tomatoes, made the couscous up with some stock and half a teaspoon of harissa paste then squeezed over some lemon juice (we don't usually have lemon but I bought one for my brother to use with his g&t, he didn't so it was left over), then used up a part tin of chickpeas from the other night. Oh and some basil from the supermarket basil that I repotted a while ago - it is now huge!



There's loads, it's delicious and there's enough roast veg to get me started on another meal. Win win win. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds tasty. I don't use couscous very often either, maybe once every 3-4 weeks. I should make something similar to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it maybe twice a year, if that, I think I'll be using it more often, or if not couscous then bulghur or something, I don't tend to use it for salads so it'll be a nice change.

      Delete
  2. OOoh, that sounds very tasty! I don't eat cous-cous that often either!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice, my half didn't last until today for lunch as I had it at lunchtime and in the evening! I did leave some for Dan to take today though.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, it was, so much so that I'm using the rest of the roast veg to make some more.

      Delete
  4. Yummy :-) If you want to change it up a little, leave the veggies raw, add some mint and you've got Tabbouleh.

    ReplyDelete