Friday, 17 July 2015

Glad

There are lots of things to be glad about this week, here are some of them -

There were no proms when I was at school. Seeing the photographs and hearing all about the stress my friends have gone to to get their daughters ready, sounds like a nightmare. 

I am a better cook than I thought

There are some great customer service people out there

A new rose has shown itself in the garden

The quince has gone

Rain

My splendid hairdresser

Knowing how to research things

The pantry

Seeing my workmates after three weeks


8 comments:

  1. I agree that the rain has been very welcome this week. I may take your lead and do a similar post at some point as it is always good to be grateful for and glad of the positive things that occur each day or week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good sometimes to look at all the small, but significant things.

      Delete
  2. A good hairdresser is priceless -

    This week line drying as the pretentious say has been rocking my world and my gas bill;-)

    I am currently looking to purchase a rambler or climbing rose(s).....to adorn our chicken run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, decent line drying time is always welcome. I agree with you about the hairdresser, I have such fine hair there's not a lot other stylists have been able to do with it, but I've found a gem who will talk me through the options and always offers great advice as well as a great cut.

      Delete
  3. People get silly about proms, we had them years ago when I was in school and it wasn't the fuss it is now. Of course you're a better cook than you thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some weddings are less fussy than some of the proms I've seen of late.

      Delete
  4. Proms are a nightmare - as a teacher, I hate them.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can only imagine Lizzie, poor you!

      Delete