Monday, 13 July 2015

Fresh Ground


Another picture of another mound of soil, but this has a hole next to it too. When we got back from Berwick we had a long and involved conversation about what we wanted to do with the rest of our year, what would add the most value to what we're doing. Getting rid of the japonica quince was surprisingly high up the list, so it's gone. The pile of sticks at the back of the picture are from the thinning of the other two trees on that side of the garden, I know, looks exactly the same. There's a lot to do. 

But this idea of there being a lot to do is one I'd like to shed, it holds me/us back, having a mountain to climb isn't something that inspires me, it just makes me want to shut the curtains and do anything else instead, so it's bit by bit for now. Same with shedding some of the tons of weight I've put on recently, same with, well, everything. With this in mind I'm really glad it's raining this morning, it's so easy to hit the ground running on the first day back after a holiday, but that's not what will happen today. 

Two good things - I picked up two microfibre mop heads, including the actual mop head bit that goes on the end of the stick, for 74p from Dunelm the other day, a good spot by Dan as the pressy bit from my current one has snapped. Also I think Im nearly over the tiredness and headache stage of not having caffeine. I didn't intend to stop having it but over the past three weeks I've been drinking less and less coffee and introducing fruit teas and things, something I'm finding surprisingly pleasant. When my body is used to it I think I'll be fine!

6 comments:

  1. Baby steps, slowly, slowly catchy monkey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Besides, when I catchy one monkey there will be at least another one coming down the road!

      Delete
  2. Same here, the bigger the mountain the more I want to put my head in the sand. Thing is, once you get stuck in to something it's never as bad as you thought it was going to be. You are doing well with the caffeine, not sure I could give up my tea xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, starting is always the hardest part.

      I didn't intend to give anything up, it's just happened. I thought for years I couldn't cope with a morning without tea but now I just don't think about it. I'm sure as soon as I have one cup of tea I'll be right back in there!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of the bigger picture, so I break things down into small segments otherwise I'm the classic ostrich with her head in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to do that with the garden, although I was totally overwhelmed by it yesterday, so I came inside and closed the blinds!

      Delete