Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Found in the Shed

I can't believe I forgot to mention this the other day. Along with the veg and the plants I received another gift, from my brother via my parents. 

My brother moved in with his girlfriend last year and he's spent a lot of time getting the place sorted, especially the garden - it was overgrown and overrun with the dreaded Japanese Knotweed. He planned to use the shed as his home gym and set about clearing it out when he found these 



A dozen or so insect hotels! Father added the pinecones (found on the ground) and drilled the canes (of which he has many) to fill the gaps and there we have it, another lovely freebie. No-one knows how long they'd been in the shed as my brother's girlfriend has lived there for a fair few years. 

I just need a place for it. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How did he kill the knotweed? Dreaded stuff. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what he did in the end, he contacted the council for advise and they told him to contact the housing association who said to contact the council. So he was at a bit of a loss about how to get started (he's not a gardener by any means).

      Delete
  2. I asked for a bee box and a ladybird box one Christmas. Also on the list were gift certificates from a particular shop. Come Christmas and I was surprised to open a bee trinket box and a ladybird trinket box. They were so pretty and unusual and I said as much. The person who gave them seemed a little confused at my reaction as I had put them both on my list ... along with gift certificates from the same shop. I then explained that I had meant bee and ladybird boxes for the garden and the whole place fell about laughing! Still, the trinket boxes are so lovely and make me smile whenever I look at them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, what a cute story, I can imagine they raise a smile whenever you see them. I hope you ended up with the bee and ladybird boxes for the garden too.

      Delete