In terms of the savings, June has been not very good, a few bits and bobs have gone into the sealed pot but in terms of cash in the bank, not a penny. We had a large bill to get the car repaired, we had a ton of gifts to buy and we had to set some money aside for a day out at the end of the month - we're being introduced to the girlfriend of Dan's friend for the first time.
So that's that really, hence no week by week updates.
We've eaten from the pantry quite a lot, we're under budget in terms of groceries, Dan managed to get the new shoes he needed in the sale and the window cleaner didn't come in May, so the money carried over to this month. We've been able to do quite a lot of cleaning and tidying in preparation for our holiday, I cleaned out the garage, washed the garden furniture and filled my trolley with some of the tons of stuff I have to take to the charity shop (my family and all their friends give me donations to take to my shop rather than their local one, which is nice, but it does clog up the garage a bit).
Five things this week
1. I planted some rocket/chard/mustard/kale seeds. Dan picked up a pepper plant and some beetroot plants for a couple of quid
2. I sat in the garden and read some magazines given to me for free.
3. Another garden one, I divided a few plants and used them to pad out the bare borders.
4. We received a £5 voucher from the supermarket.
5. Dan made some jam buns and I roasted the rhubarb my mum gave to me - why have I been stewing rhubarb all these years, roasting is easier and tastes better!
Dan and I differ a little over the savings for next month, so we'll see how it goes.