Tuesday, 16 June 2015

I'd The Film

So I thought I'd get the book!

I was looking for something quite different when I saw a very exciting looking book in a charity shop. Turns out it was exciting.





It's a book produced by Bergen Line in the 50's for their cruise ships, a handy guide to the tour. It has a lovely mixture of illustrations and photographs, plus my copy still has the map of Norway, a complimentary Norwegian coins guide and the diploma to certify that the cruisers had visited the northernmost point on Europe - stamped by the Captain. 



And the Arctic Circle. 


The only downside is that the charity shop had stuck a large price sticker on the dust jacket


Very annoying, but a nice thing nonetheless. 

6 comments:

  1. What a shame about the sticker but that looks a great book! I am going on a cruise next summer with my Mum which I am very excited about!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fab! I'm not surprised you're excited.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it. The book reminded me of you, having seen your post about your trip to Norway.

      Delete
  3. A very lucky find! I don't suppose white spirit would remove the label? I bought some lovely table mats from the charity shop, all with boats on and someone had put a label on one of the mats. Sadly when I tried to remove, some of the picture came off but at least it was only a tiny one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why some shops use hi-tack stickers. We tend to not put stickers on paper, and we just write in pencil on books - why waste money?

      I could try some white spirit on the back cover sticker, thanks. If not I'll just live with it as it is.

      Delete