Thursday, 25 June 2015

A Leg Up

Yesterday morning I was just going about my business, well actually I was sitting down reading Money Saving Old Style and my lower leg went in the opposite direction to my knee. It's happened before so sadly for me I knew what had to happen. I was not very brave, and phoned Dan so he could hold my hand while I straightened my leg. It was not fun for either of us. Fortunately I already have a knee support - bang goes my even suntan!

The extra bad part of the tale is that I had been asked to look after the shop this morning as the manager and deputy are away. Bad timing. 

It's also reasonably bad timing as our holiday starts tomorrow, we're not going away tomorrow, but Dan will be off work from then. He's in London today for something to do with the next Census so it's almost like his holiday has started - he got up really early, went on a train, will be able to see a few sights and maybe he'll even bring a souvenir home!

I have been well provided for, I have some old magazines, a banana malt loaf with some peanut butter, coffee and apple & rhubarb juice. The veg have even been watered so I don't feel the urge to get out there with the watering can. Plus, those holiday lists won't write themselves will they?

10 comments:

  1. Hope your leg is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you or perhaps I should say lucky you with food, mags holiday sorting time. Hope you soon get fixed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

      Delete
  4. Oh you've brought back memories of my own pre-op knee. Hope it mends soon. You can always take your knee support off when you lounging on a recliner with a cool drink! Have a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will take the support off as and when, once I have a cool drink in my hand I don't think I'll mind either way!

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better soon and aren't in too much pain/discomfort x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's not too bad now. I went out for the first time today and it's sore now but I can have a stroll at least.

      Delete