Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Wet Stuff



I bought this big refill pouch of laundry liquid a the start of the year and paid £14 for it, which did make me gulp I have to confess. So I decided to keep a tally to see how much I got for my money. I generally use two pumps instead of four for each wash, which seems to do the job and everything smells of Fresh Air smell. Anyway, I finally had to refill the smaller pot and it turns out I got 57 washes from the bottle (give or take, I probably forgot to mark it down or marked it twice on occasion). There should be enough in the pouch to refill the bottle twice more. Seems like good value to me. 






We did get some proper fresh air this weekend too, we went to Lancaster for a proper wander round, we usually just go to a few places but decided to have a proper poke. I'd been after some proper labels for my quilts for ages and got hold of some from Fabrix, I'd seen this shop before but we've only ever driven past. I was fairly restrained but will visit again when I'm starting a new project. 
Dan wanted to try a coffee place that we'd also only ever driven past (if you've been to Lancaster I'm sure you know what I mean) so we found ourselves at Priory Hall to try Atkinsons coffee, the place is understated but very cool and the coffee is delicious, well worth a slightly soggy trek.    

We finally bit the bullet and bought something we've been talking about every year since we've had a house. We bought a parasol! Our garden is so sunny in the afternoons, a real bonus, but we both like shade so it was on the wish list. The thing with stuff like that is there's never a good time to stump up the cash, we couldn't justify the cost of a fancy one, much as we would have liked it, so we settled for the second cheapest, and a nice heavy base. There was 15% off everything at Homebase, so we saved a little bit of money. Then we sat outside for a couple of hours. Happy times.                                               

8 comments:

  1. I use a pump for washing up liquid as well , it saves a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that some years ago but it didn't save us anything unfortunately. Dan's in charge of washing up so he just pumped loads in as he found it harder to judge the amount, and my dad kept using it to wash his hands when he'd been in the garden!

      Delete
  2. I have never used a pump for washing up liquid, great idea will now try.
    Sounds like a nice day out. Glad you treated yourself to a parasol. We have had ours for a few years now but it was expensive so I expect it to last, but I do try to take care of it.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you.

      I'm really glad we bought the parasol, I think it will make a big difference to us on sunny days. I was pleased to see that it came in a bag so it should be well protected when stored away.

      Delete
  3. Yay for the parasol! Our one is full of spiders-it scares me!! That's very good on the washing liquid! I've only ever used powder!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hadn't thought about spiders!

      Delete
  4. There's only two of us so large boxes/bulk buys always seem really expensive. It's hard to keep tabs on things over several months. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, there are only two of us here so I don't bulk buy much. If I do it's stuff I know we'll use and it's generally stuff I measure - laundry liquid, dried foods etc. If I didn't do that then it would negate any savings as I'd use too much.

    ReplyDelete