Monday, 18 May 2015

The Power of Change

We've added an extra £20 to savings this year so far through saving small change, 20p and smaller.

Dan embarked on a course through work, it involved three residential sessions, prior to this we'd only spent three nights apart in the time we'd been together. Neither of us were looking forward to it, but we have both seen huge benefits from this time. Dan is like a new person. 

I made a huge mistake with my quilt, so I just put everything away. It's out of sight and hopefully will remain out of mind for the next few months. I don't need to solve the problem now and I don't want to. It's nearly summer, I would like a different way to occupy my time.

On Friday I did an extra shift at the shop again, after the shop bit of the shift I went into the stock room and helped process some stock for an hour or so, I don't get to do that very often, it was great. 

This weekend we had extreme saving fatigue (yes, we're still in the wading through treacle phase) so we had a normal weekend, not normal for us, just normal. We went to Ikea, we had a take away, we made holiday plans, and last night we drove up to Kirkby Lonsdale and sat in a pub for a couple of hours. It's not what I'd want to do every week, but it was really welcome.  

This morning I feel refreshed.

6 comments:

  1. Every penny counts, it soon adds up, the more we save and see it growing it makes us even more determined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're feeling motivated by the savings.

      Delete
  2. Glad it was a refreshing break!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make a quilt and have a pile of blocks ready to go but now think I'm going to just make a patchwork quilt cover after the Tour de France quilt debacle.

    ReplyDelete