Wednesday, 20 May 2015

The Mysteries of Life





Wise people of blog reading, do you know what this plant is? 

It showed up this week, I've never seen it before. I assume the light we now have after the trees in the garden behind were chopped is enough to allow some new things to show their faces. Below is the foliage



We don't have any of that very useful green netting so our newly planted veg is in danger, Dan has been scowling at birds for the past few days, but lo and behold when I was out in the rain photographing the mystery flower I saw the first signs of life 

our soil tends to have a covering of sand

We're on our way!

10 comments:

  1. Looking at the flower I would have said some sort of poppy, but seeing the foliage I'm not sure ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just googled I think it is a poppy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had googled it but I didn't draw a firm conclusion.

      Delete
  3. It looks like some kind of poppy to me.
    Whatever it is, it's rather lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is lovely isn't it. Whatever it is I'm happy to have it here.

      Delete
  4. Exciting stuff. The plant you pictured may be an anenome. Not completely sure but the leaves and flower are similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I initially thought anenome because it's planted in the shady part of the garden with the other woodland type plants.

      Delete
  5. Now I think it could be an anemone! Still pretty though, whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I took the photograph into the charity shop yesterday and asked everyone what they thought it was. We were split pretty much 50-50 between poppy and anemone.

      Delete