Thursday, 7 May 2015

The Day I've Waited For



Not the election, I have many views about that, but it's been discussed at great length elsewhere. I have finally finished the pink quilt top.  Above is the very creased top. Below is the back, I may have pictured that before.





I received a little motif from my friend Em when it was my birthday, it was to remind me that getting older doesn't mean taking things too seriously all the time 


I thought the quilt was the best place for it!

I have no wadding so I don't know when the magic will happen. So today I'm moving onto the blue quilt, I've done some pressing this morning and hopefully can start to make some sense of it. Next time please remind me to make a note of sizes before I take a break, I'm all over the place with this one. 

6 comments:

  1. Well done. It looks great. I'm feeling a little guilty because I've got quilts to get on with, but just don't seem to be motivated towards them at the moment. Good luck with the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a bit more haphazard that I had planned, but as I was working on it I started to realise I'm not a big fan of an all over pattern, I like it to be a bit more random.

      Delete
  2. looking good, there is no race to get them done, so do them at your own pace. I have one ready to put together and start quilting, just need to get off my butt, stop knitting and get on with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not really in a rush, it's more that I just felt I was doing too many different projects and not getting anywhere with them. Feels good to make some headway. I think it's a very good job I don't knit too!

      Delete
  3. It looks great. I hope that I will be able to learn how to quilt next year when I have more time. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just decided I wanted to make a quilt and got on with it. My quilts are very simple, but for me it's fun to use nice fabrics and show them off more than create exciting designs. Maybe if I used a sewing machine I'd try something more daring.

      I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you do go for it when you have more time.

      Delete