Saturday, 23 May 2015

Shopping Addict




All these extra shifts at the shop are doing me no good, I'm in the town way too much! On the way home yesterday I don't know why but I ducked into the British Heart Foundation shop. I only nip in occasionally because I find it to be quite expensive. The only other thing I've bought from there were some brand new wedge sandals. Anyway I went in, just to see what was what and as I was walking away spotted a book. 




It's the book to accompany the Grayson Perry exhibition The Vanity of Small Differences, we saw this exhibition in Manchester last year and I really enjoyed it but didn't have the necessary cash to buy the book at the time. I paid £3.50 for it, which considering the lady in front of me paid £2 for just a regular paperback made it seem like even more of a bargain (not really, it just made me think the paperbacks were way too expensive!) I don't think the original owner had even opened it, it's in pristine condition. 

I also picked up a very cute set of mini postcards from my shop, old images of Blackpool (as seen above). Speaking of Blackpool, Dan and I are packing our bags* and heading up there for the weekend, I know it's a long trek** but it should be worth it. We have a full weekend of rugby league ahead of us, not what everyone would like to spend a Bank Holiday weekend doing, but for us it's ideal!

* taking some sandwiches and a flask

** 5 miles

8 comments:

  1. Have a lovely weekend. The book looks good. Well spotted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The book has some great photographs of the finished works and the prep work.

      Delete
  2. That's a great find especially as you wanted it at the time. Those art books are always expensive. Have a lovely time in BP, we are off to Totnes next week for a few days. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had a peep on Amazon and it's still selling for over £15 on there (new). Enjoy your time away, thankfully I have my own home to come back to in the evening so no hotel needed!

      Delete
  3. Staying out of town is the best way to avoid spending money.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it stays fine for you. Please share a few pics of B'pool if you can.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, I did have a bit of an accident on the first day so there probably won't be too much wandering about taking pictures today!

      Delete