Friday, 8 May 2015

New Day



It turns out that I cook things for the freezer when I'm feeling a bit wonky. Today it's dhal. On my last pantry search I found a bag of yellow split peas, they were in danger of being ignored for a long time so now they're in a pan simmering away. I've never made dhal with split peas before, we shall see. 

If there's one thing I've learned, or maybe just reaffirmed, in the past few hours it's that I have to live according to my beliefs and act in the way I think is right. I know that's an obvious thing to say but I have lots of pulls on my resources and I need to say no when no is the right answer. 

Doing things gets things done, a little focus to my energy will get me closer to my goals, whatever they are. 

6 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on your news and you've had a poorly bunny too. I hope he's better now. Wow! What a huge vet bill. I considered insuring our rabbits when we first got them but we didn't bother in the end. Working it out now I think the premiums would have been more than we've spent on them at the vets. We've always had them inoculated and that's a bit of a chunk of money for two bunnies but of course, you can't claim that back on the insurance. I'm so going to look out for one of the carpet things. I'm always on my hands and knees trying to get Archie's fur off the carpet, it drives me mad. I see they have them on Amazon but you have to spend over £20 now for free delivery so I'll look in the pet shops and see if I can find one there. By the way, what kind of rabbits are yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yes, for the time being all is well. The vet gave us some extra drugs to use if it happens again so we don't have to make an emergency trip.

      I didn't know it was £20 for free delivery at Amazon now, hope you can find one in a pet shop somewhere. I have a white and brown English called Bundy and a grey German Lop called Rooney.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. Mmmmm, I love dhal with a fervent Passion!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't believe I waited so long to make dhal, it's so easy, delicious and inexpensive, yum!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie. I had an early night and a small lie in and felt much better today.

      Delete