Thursday, 21 May 2015

May Week Three

This week was very normal. We went to Sainsbury's to make use of the money off vouchers, which lead to us spending too much so we've decided to abandon shopping around, it just doesn't work for us. Dan was away so he got to spend time with like minded people. We had a weekend of going out and about shopping and eating. Not really a very us week at all. So thinking of five things has been very hard!

1. I'd been after a kettlebell for ages and managed to get one from the charity shop for £2. 

2. Roasted a dubious looking pepper and some mushrooms to make a veg and bean thing to stick in the freezer. 

3. Resisted the temptation to buy loads of junk food while Dan was away and had proper meals instead.

4. Found a new plant in at the back of the garden, as mentioned yesterday.

5. Erm. Oh, if I can include another charity shop thing. I picked up some quilting templates, they were originally a freebie with a magazine so we don't sell them as such, they're just in a basket with "donations please", so I got them for 25p (it was all the change I had). 

I'm having my hair cut this morning, not cheap but it is gradually shaping it from a crop to a short bob. 

Also, if anyone likes Nakd bars the Banana Bread flavour are currently available at Home Bargains, a 4 pack for 99p, the best before date is mid-July. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive week - well done with the charity shop find; a bargain for 25p. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's not felt like we've done much this week but that's probably a good thing. I'm very happy with the quilting templates.

      Delete
  2. Been having a good catch up and it sounds like you are doing great! Have you decided on your holiday yet? I am now heading off to Home Bargains as I LOVE Nakd bars, my favourites are the Bakewell tart ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.

      We have booked somewhere for our holiday, we are going to Berwick Upon Tweed, neither of us have been there before and it looks like a great drive over and a place to just relax when we get there.

      Hope you manage to get some Nakd bars, I love the Bakewell Tart ones too, Dan is a big fan of Rhubarb and Custard flavour. I saw online yesterday that salted caramel bites are available, they sound yummy.

      Delete
  3. It's too easy to spend a lot in Sainsbury's. We go there to stock up on veggie frozen things as our usual supermarket doesn't have much of a choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same for us. I must look like the least healthy person on earth when I shop there.

      Delete