Saturday, 9 May 2015

May Week One

There didn't seem to be much cash to go around this month. We ended April or started May (I can't quite remember) with they tyres, this month there are lots of birthdays and work expenses. But it is what it is. The cheque went into the building society, so no need to think about that anymore. 

Five things this week 

1. I bought a skirt from the charity shop for 59p, it was originally from Primark but was brand new with tags, so I thought 59p was a bargain. It's kind of depressing though that no-one wanted to buy the skirt when it was £1.69 even though it was new, I bought it when I saw it on the sale rail.

2. I used the £5 Faith in Nature voucher to buy some new shampoo and facewash, p&p isn't all that cheap but we'd have to travel quite a way to buy it from a shop so it's fine.

3. I finished the quilt top.

4. I had an idea to make my mum something for her birthday. 

5. The small change jar is nearly full. 

10 comments:

  1. Lots of positives in your post, I never find bargains in my size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was very lucky with the skirt, usually I see things I love but they're not in my size Probably for the best!

      Delete
  2. Great start. Great bargain. Let's see a pic of the quilt and lucky mum. I tend to spend the small change and save the notes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I'll take some pictures of the quilt when there's something to show.

      Delete
  3. Those are 5 good things! 59p is very good for a brand new item! I met up with two blogging friends last week and there was a £1 charity shop in town which I loved- I picked up 5 items there including 3 really nice clothes items!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done with your bargain hunting.

      Delete
  4. all good things, and I am sure May will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I generally love May, things seem to change really quickly, it's fun.

      Delete
  5. What will you do when the small change jar is full?

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. It depends what's in there. Very small change will be bagged up and put into the bank, silver will probably go into the sealed pot to be bagged up at the end of the year and notes will go into savings.

      When we open the sealed pot we usually use the money for a day at the Christmas market in Manchester or something like that.

      Delete