Friday, 15 May 2015

If You Don't Ask, You Don't Get

Yesterday I rather cheekily offered my friends the great chance to stay by the seaside and look after the buns so I could have a weekend away. I was a little surprised when someone said yes!

I sort of knew this offer was out there, but it was a pub offer, so you never know if it will happen. My brother's girlfriend made the offer - despite the fact she lives near the sea anyway so it holds no charm (not the pregnant one, the other one. I have two brothers each with a girlfriend, not one brother with two girlfriends). By cutting my brother out of proceedings arrangements were made in about 4 minutes. 

The thing is, we didn't think we would go anywhere so we have saved no money and have no idea where to go. Normally we'd think of Glasgow, London or Birmingham to see all those things we usually miss out on. But with how relaxed I was when we returned from the wedding last year I think maybe it would be good to go somewhere relaxing, where we won't fill our days with seeing things, we can just let the day unfurl. I realise I'm basically describing Lytham St Anne's.

Any ideas are welcome, not the Lake District though, we go there all the time. 

Oh dear, Dan's been away this week and it means I've forgotten to put the bin out. Thankfully he's back tonight to make sure I'm wearing the right shoes and shutting the door behind me when I go out. 

10 comments:

  1. What about a youth hostel in Yorkshire. There are some lovely locations, with smashing walks. Malham area is beautiful. Beds fro £10 per night, private rooms from £20 - £25. Get in before the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A youth hostel is a great idea, thanks.

      Delete
  2. We love Northumberland and the Yorkshire Wolds - some really beautiful places in both areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Northumberland, that's a good idea, thanks.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a lovely time. It's nice that you have someone willing to bun sit, bunneries are so hard to find in my experience, though we just found out the rescue we adopted Bob and Belle from offer boarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before last year we'd never been away, but one of my friends got married and my mum insisted we went to make sure he went through with it so she rabbit sat. It was only this special circumstance that lead to it. In the past Dan has attended things on his own and I've looked after the buns.

      This year Laura has offered to do it because her daughter is old enough to stay on her own and look after their pets. Were it not for that it wouldn't be possible.

      There are a couple of rabbit hotels nearby, but I don't think the living areas are big enough, so I won't leave them. It's great that your rescue offers boarding.

      Delete
  4. Hi!!! That's a result eh??? What about the North Yorkshire Moors? They're lovely or Hay on Wye? I loved Exmoor too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Hay on Wye or Exmoor, I'll take a look at both, thanks.

      Delete
  5. I love some of those properties, trouble is we'd be paying for four nights when we can only go away for two.

    ReplyDelete