Thursday, 28 May 2015

Detailed Domestic


We'll be on holiday from work in a month or so, I don't want to be doing too much housework during that period and I certainly don't want to be looking around and noticing things that haven't been done. So today I've been doing all those things I generally put off. 

Washing bins, repotting plants (hoping to get a lot longer from some supermarket basil), repairing some of Dan's ties, degunking that weird rubbery strip on the bottom of the shower screen, removing soap limpets from the bath bridge, soap dishes and other assorted places, washing tiles, making sure DVDs are in the right boxes, my least favourite task of all - cleaning the blinds, defluffing lampshades, swilling out plant pots, swapping thick duvets for thinner, defrosting the freezer and dealing with tons of laundry. 




6 comments:

  1. Youre so good! I should've been doing that at the weekend but I didn't!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more then needed! I don't blame you for not spending the weekend cleaning.

      Delete
  2. You're making me feel guilty. Good on you for getting on with all those jobs. I'm having a bit of a lazy week due to it being half term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been getting loads done recently. Enjoy your down time.

      Delete
  3. I'm very impressed, I'm doing the same sort of thing, but only because I will be putting the house on the market this year. After that I think I will give up housework permanently :) The blinds are my least favourite job. I resorted to taking them down and washing them in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the cleaning when our house went on the market, good luck with your sale.

      Mu bath is too small for my big blinds or I'd probably do that too. I love them, but I do tend to neglect them!

      Delete