Monday, 4 May 2015

April Final Week Round Up

April was harder. I'm not sure why. I think maybe because Dan had to spend most of our non-saved money on petrol for various work trips, the rest went on the vet bill. At least we added money to savings, it makes a couple of enforced quiet days worthwhile. 

Last week I was not all that happy, I trudged through the week. Dan and I didn't see each other all that much as he was up and out early most days and late home on most too. Still, it could have been far worse so I'm not going to complain. There was still time for an afternoon nap on Saturday.

Five things from last week 

1. Found a great gift for my brother at the charity shop.

2. Made lasagne and it was great, soy milk white sauce is very creamy and nothing to be scared of at all. We haven't eaten it for who knows how long. Not since we've lived here at any rate.

3. The garden is now full of flowers, the ornamental cherry trees are looking gorgeous and I have one red flower (don't know what it is) and one fritillary. I planted ten, but one is better than none. 

4. I've based myself in at the dining table for the past couple of days and the buns have followed me in and sat next to me. Considering they are not massive fans of people, it's very nice!

5. I found 6p.

We are off to a bit of a downbeat start this month after hearing the awful news that Keighley Cougars rugby league player Danny Jones died bat the age of 29 after a suspected cardiac arrest during their match yesterday. Danny had played for Halifax as well as Keighley and had represented Wales, he leaves a wife and five month old twins. 


2 comments:

  1. It's such a sad story about Danny Jones. My heart goes out to his young family. Live life now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, it is exceptionally sad, I checked first thing and the Just Giving Page set up in his name has just reached £38,000 which hopefully will be some small help to his family.

      Delete