I am aware I've sounded like a bit of a misery this week. I'm not miserable, I just sound it. Anyway, week two of April, we had a big day out, which was pretty much just the cost of petrol. I crossed a few things off the shopping list (is it over the top to tie the new scissors to the handle of the junk drawer to stop them wandering off?). We've not had the sunny weather a lot of people have, so I have done nothing at all in the garden, and I am starting to fear for my leeks, I think they need more room, this will happen at the weekend.
Dan had the urge to spend! There was nothing he wanted, but he hadn't bought anything for ages and he just wanted to do it! He waited 24 hours then still wanted to spend so he filled the car up a day early. He is very much looking forward to going to the supermarket tonight, just to look at things. He's doing so well, maybe a little treat will find its way into the shopping basket. We received some vouchers for £5 off a £35 shop, that's more than we usually spend in one week, we had a think to see if there was £35 of stuff we needed but there wasn't, so that's good. We do have another voucher for the same amount to use at the start of net month, we might be able to do a stock up shop to get over that amount, we shall see.
Five things this week
1. We tried the soya mince. I am very pleased to report that I didn't inflate like big balloon, so it was a winner. I used a handful with some veg, beans and spices to make taco filling. It looks like the bag will last quite a while, so good value too.
2. I forgot to get my free coffee from the supermarket when I was waiting for Dan, so I just sat in the car and waited for him.
3. I painted the inside of the tv unit, well half of it. I did not get on with the chalk paint, I'll be back to eggshell next time I paint something. So I only did one shelf, but we like the orange and grey together.
4. Picked up a summer dress from the charity shop. I'd had my eye on it for a while but when I went in yesterday it had been reduced, so it cost £2.49. I know all the minimalist clothing blogs say that people don't notice that you're wearing the same clothes all the time but I have noticed on our photographs from the past few months I'm wearing one of the same three outfits on every picture, so I wanted something new (and inexpensive). Actually I wanted it to be inexpensive over anything else, which is why I didn't buy anything when I was out and about on Monday.
5. I'm starting to get through some of the not-as-wanted-as-some toiletries. I always end up with something for Christmas and they usually languish in the airing cupboard, but I'm using them now, so I'm not tempted to buy anything else. The shampoo is not as bad as I thought, although my hair is a little less shiny than usual. The shower gels are not really a fragrance I'd choose but they're not offensive to me. I've nearly finished a travel size bottle, so Dan can decant some shampoo into it, he's currently carting his big bottle of Lush shampoo to and fro, keeping a small bottle at work will be good (then I can use the Lush stuff!).