Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Week Three Review

I said last week was the danger week didn't I? Did I learn? Did I heck.

We were sailing along nicely then the vet bill hit and sucked virtually all of our remaining cash away. I'm pretty upset about it, obviously because Big Grey was ill but also because I had an invitation to go out for birthday fun with my brother this weekend. He has been skint for the past few months (he's just moved in with his girlfriend) and is now seeing light at the end of the tunnel *yay* so has offered to treat us to a couple of drinks, but I think we're going to have to give it a miss as I don't think we have the cash to get us down to Liverpool. It's sad, I haven't seen him since January and then I was ill so wasn't really much company. Hopefully there will be another time soon. 

Five things this week 

1. I made pizza. 

2. I repaired a tie.

3. Someone gave Dan a packet of sunflower seeds. I'd decided I wanted to grow some after seeing the Anselm Kiefer exhibition we went to recently. 

4. Dan located the songs we'd accidentally deleted from our music player and put them back on. 

5. We've dumped the car as much as possible, we've walked to places and Dan has cycled to work when work has allowed. 

I was scraping the bottom of the barrel there to be honest, I'm not feeling especially motivated this week. 

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry the visit with your brother hangs in the balance.

    I know how hard it is to struggle financially as we have done so in the past, a particularly bad month saw us affording ONE solitary grocery shop. Thankfully our vet have known us for years and at this time the fact that they let us pay monthly really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know I am kidding myself about there being an option to go, there isn't. But until Saturday comes and goes I'll hope I'm going to be handed a bag of cash or something :)

      I can't complain too much about having no money, we've saved it, not spent it, so this is just a short term blip.

      Delete
  2. Work commitments forced me to spend a bit more money than I wanted to this week - so I agree that it's frustrating. You've done well if you've been able to keep walking rather than using the car. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those unexpected expenses can really throw you out can't they.

      Delete
  3. I'm virtually winding you up now and hoping my smile will pass through the ether and land on you and Dan. Stay focussed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. It will pass, there will be other days for fun and frolics!

      Delete
  4. We've missed out on days with our daughter and her in-laws. I console myself with the thought that there will be others - it's not always easy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy. We don't see each other as much now we're not going to watch the rugby every fortnight. We might not be able to get together until Christmas now, who knows. Still, it could be worse.

      Delete
  5. It is difficult when relatives live a distance away - I so miss seeing my new granddaughter because we have so little time to visit - so how overjoyed were we when they made a surprise visit to us for tea on Monday. Lets hope you get to see him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know why I'm so upset about it this time round, it's not the first time it has happened over the years, I've lived in a different county from the rest of my family and friends for the best part of 20 years.

      Delete