Sunday, 26 April 2015

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Dan got up this morning because he was freezing, I got up too. Neither of us were in a particularly splendid mood. So I stripped the beds in the unused spare bedrooms and washed the sheets and mattress topper - they were decidedly "vintage" smelling. Luckily the sky was clear and the sun was out. We finished the jammy dodgers, cleaned the whole house and did yet more laundry. 

Then I noticed it was only 10am. 

Last week was long, I think this week will be longer. We've done some nailing down of the budget, hopefully there will be no surprises next month.  

The menu plan for May is hiding away in the menu tab at the top of the page should you be interested. 

8 comments:

  1. I'll check out the new menu plan. Can't believe it's nearly May already.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie. I can't believe it's nearly May either, I have absolutely nothing to show for this year at all!

      Delete
  2. It is cold today - even down here...what you need to keep you warm is a pussy cat....they produce a surprising amount of heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I got a cat I'd have to get rid of the husband and that's not going to happen! My brother is a big fan of cats for warmth though!

      Delete
  3. I think you're doing amazingly well to plan so far in front. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has to be done, or nothing would happen!

      Delete
  4. Yep, I'm always interested in what other people eat. Yours sounds a lot more adventurous than mine. Good luck with your budgeting. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the few! I think maybe it's because I say I don't like cooking, maybe people thing not liking something is the same as not being good at it so think my posts wouldn't be interesting.

      Thanks, the saving is going well, I think we just need to keep a little bit of fun money back for the end of the month. It's not that I want to do things, it's that I don't like not having the option. I'm still not quite at the point where I enjoy gardening, rather than seeing it as outdoor housework, so it's not a fun and relaxing weekend at home when we're forced into it!

      Delete