Monday, 6 April 2015

That Kind Of Woman




If you are the keeper of a very tidy house, or feel ill when presented with not very clean things then you may wish to look away!



Do you remember ages ago a politician (maybe a UKIP person) had particularly strong views about women that don't clean behind their fridge? I am certainly one of those women. 

Dan does most of the hoovering here, and I occasionally give everywhere a quick once over (I know he doesn't do under things and all that stuff). So when I accidentally started spring cleaning our bedroom yesterday I found a very fluffy mess under the bed. It's too heavy for me to move and too low for me to get under so I had to stick my arm between the slats and clean up that way. 


That's what I extracted, lovely. 

12 comments:

  1. I gave up living in a spotless house years ago, did anyone other than me notice, no. Am I happier having more time (rather than cleaning a clean house), yes. My mum always said carpets harbour dust and dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what possessed me to look under the bed, I've obviously never done so before. Even if I wanted a spotless house it wouldn't be that way, as soon as I sweep up a rabbit decides to throw some hay around, signs of life everywhere just as I like it.

      Delete
  2. I work on the principle that there's no point in cleaning unless you are going to be able to see the difference so no I didn't look away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good principle. I don't think I'll go peeping under the other beds any time soon.

      Delete
  3. I sweep every day and still find that fluff! I think it runs away when it sees the broom. Accidental spring cleaning made me smile too :) hope you're having a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a bit of an odd weekend but I can't say it wasn't enjoyable. Hope you found some time to relax and have fun.

      I know what you mean about fast escaping fluff.

      Delete
  4. You are a brave woman to show this to the world! Having said that, I'm sure that I could find corners of my house with similar 'fluff balls'... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Someone has to balance out all the bloggy pictures of perfection ;)

      Delete
  5. Well! you live in a place don't you? Whoever made the 'housework' rules employed servants and people forgot that when women went to work or had other priorities. I tell folk if they complain that if I'd wanted to do lots of housework I'd have done hotel management.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am haunted by my time working in hotels! I last worked in one in 2002 and I still do certain things around the house the way I was trained. If I'm ever stressed I dream I'm working there too. Scarred for life!

      Delete
  6. Ha, I love you!!! I am this person too! I hate to say it but our Hoover has broken and I haven't hoovered for (whispers) over a month!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well Kezzie, we'll all live to tell the tale!

      Delete