Thursday, 23 April 2015

Shopping Day

We have £9 for shopping this week and I'm off to do it this afternoon. I was asked yesterday if I would do an extra shift at the charity shop this morning so I'll be in the town anyway.

We have in the fridge -

soy milk
chocolate almond milk
spread
various chutneys etc
beetroot
1/2 courgette
2 small peppers
mushrooms
a few tomatoes
a cucumber
1/2 a thing of broccoli

On the shopping list is

bread for Dan
pitta for me
beans or something for lunches
lettuce
bunny veg
more milk

That doesn't seem to bad really does it. If there's extra cash I'll get some extra veg. Feeling more positive now it's written down. Happy times. 

6 comments:

  1. You're doing so well with this budget, especially when you had such an expense for the bunny. I always find that a tough month has the advantage of making the next month seem like a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, and just over a week of not-quite-as-many-choices-as-possible isn't really hardship!

      Delete
  2. Let us know what you ended up buying? I need to incorporate more veg into our meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get veg so cheap? Any tips would be great!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzie, I don't think I buy veg at a particularly low price - I just shop at supermarkets for the most part. I think I just use it in an efficient way.

      I'm not fixed on the veg we buy so if something I thought I might like is expensive I won't buy it. If something is on special offer, or just a good price I'll buy that, tweaking the menu plan if necessary (it rarely is).

      We also eat veg in a set way - we start with "soft" veg that goes off quickly - tomatoes, salad etc, then move on to root veg or stuff that lasts for ages - celery, carrots, onions, finally we have frozen, tinned or jarred stuff -sweetcorn, tinned beans, olives, beetroot.

      I'll talk a bit more about it in my next post. Thanks for the great question!

      Delete