Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Pattern Shy

Today I readied my summer wardrobe, by which I mean I picked up the summer clothes that had fallen off the hangers and moved them from the middle to one end of the cupboard. 


Top left - blue/acid yellow GAP dress £2.80 outlet shop. Maxi dress 99p, charity shop a couple of weeks ago, yellow dress paid full price for in Settle, about £7 I think. Top right - accessorise dress 99p charity shop, brown dress paid full price for about 4 years ago. Bottom left - gift from Dan for our trip to Bournemouth last year, black and white dress £2.49 charity shop last week. Bottom right - seaside t-shirt 50p charity shop about 7 years ago, blue t-shirt and shorts paid full price last year, Boden skirts from charity shop last year £4.99 each. 

I have a pile of vests too. I hope it's going to be hot this summer, or I'm going to freeze!

My summer shoe collection is small but perfectly formed 


I don't wear these shoes equally. I wear the green Teva sandals virtually all the time, the black flats got quite a lot of wear last year when we were away, the wedges I bought from a charity shop for £8, they were new and unworn, I wear them occasionally, but hopefully will wear them a bit more this year when we're out and about.  

What I've learned is that I don't really have a personal style, but I don't like trousers!

10 comments:

  1. Your wardrobe looks very summery. I seem to be the opposite these days in that I like wearing trousers and have gone off skirts for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly don't like trousers as I have a small waist but big legs so trousers always look weird on me, if I can get some to fit at all. Plus dresses don't collect sand in quite the same way!

      Delete
  2. I have come back to skirts and it's lovely, you can see your shoes, it feels so very summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear skirts year round these days, but you're right it does feel fresh and summery to wear a skirt and be able to see your shoes!

      Delete
  3. I spent my working life in trousers and I much prefer long skirts now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great summer wardrobe! I have some issues with trousers too- usually leg length and if remotely tight in bum region, I can't get them to do up but I also have a tiny waist so they are too big then!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the length is always an issue too, I am a bit of a shorty. I often think I should just go for those clown pants with the big comedy braces.

      Delete
  5. It's been an age since I wore trousers and I cringe at photos where I am! I far prefer skirts and dresses and you have a nice selection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like how "dressed" I look in a dress, if that makes sense, there's no worrying about having something to match or looking "put together" it just is what it is.

      Delete