Wednesday, 1 April 2015

In The Pink, Not The Shop

I'm very happy this morning. Dan has posted the savings cheque, the menu plan is still working - meals for tonight and tomorrow are ready and waiting. There are no emergency purchases needed before the supermarket trip tomorrow night. We've only just opened a new bag of hay, so we may not need any this month. The daffodils have been flowering for weeks and they're still going strong. We're going to a folk music gig tonight, not usually my cup of tea, but we're meeting up with some friends we haven't seen since last year. It's still windy but I think I can get to the charity shop without being blown away!

We had an extra bonus treat last night too, someone from Dan's office very kindly gave everyone a bag of mini Easter eggs, so we shared them last night *yum*.

Oh and a parcel arrived for Dan yesterday too. His best friend from university sent him a belated birthday gift - a birthday pack of beers local to him. I think it was part birthday part apology because he was going to come to visit but I think his good lady has changed her mind and decided against it. It's a shame, he lives just a little too far away for us to visit without an overnight stay. 

It's a positive start to the month. 

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoy the gig. I love the 'folk/rock' end of the musical spectrum but am less keen on 'pure folk music' of the voice and fiddle variety. (Having said that, it's been a long time since I went to a concert that wasn't directly involved with work.) All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The folk club was good, everyone was exceptionally friendly, Dan bumped into someone from work which was a nice surprise and the act were very very good. It was not my cup of tea at all and I can't say I enjoyed the music, but I can see why people would like it, just not my cup of tea.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are well organized. Lovely treat choc eggs. Enjoy your night out.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we had a minor blip last night when we got home as the Big Grey bunny was ill, luckily we could help her without taking her to the vet and she's eating like a champion this morning. The night out was fun, it was good to meet some new folk and catch up with our friends.

      Delete
  3. It is always nice to get an unexpected birthday present what a shame your friend cannot stay. Just waiting for our Narcissus to open now in the garden - I don't blame them for keeping tightly closed in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, the delivery man thought my confusion over the parcel was very funny!

      People have been really surprised at how early our bulbs have been out and about, they've been very welcome this cold and windy week.

      Delete