Thursday, 9 April 2015

Hardworker


In the war on fluff (we have already surrendered in the war on hay). Our previous buns were both Rex rabbits, so had beautiful velvet fur, this in no way prepared us for the fluff porcupines we have now. So we need allies. 


This is the best thing ever for getting fine fluff from their rugs. We bought it from a craft fair in a very functional part of Blackpool Winter Gardens. As you can probably tell, the rabbits think it's a wonderful toy so it is a little chewed. Prior to this I did the wet rubber glove thing, but this makes life so much easier - other then when I'm trying to wrestle it away from The White Thing. 

These are my other willing assistants


I've had the green thing for longer than I've had rabbits, it's at least 13 years old I know that as I bought it when we still lived in York. I may even have had it for longer than I've known Dan, they're both very loyal. I mainly use that to defluff fabric lampshades. The sticky tape is for my clothes! I keep a roll in the car and numerous rolls all over the house, especially near mirrors where I have the best chance of noticing that I'm covered in fluff just before I go out somewhere. 

Tomorrow, more of my glamour secrets! Maybe not. 

6 comments:

  1. We have the same problem with cat hairs, they are not allow on the furniture, only on laps, but their coat gets every where. Purdy we go at a year old, she was a stray and she hates to be brushed. Grace is not much better, but we do have wooden floors which help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we can get hold of Big Grey we remove as much fur as possible, neither are fond of being groomed though. Luckily they don't go onto the furniture very often (which is just as well as when they do it's generally to chew things!). Having the hard floor in the living area does help - although it's grey so fluff can hide.

      Delete
  2. We have a drawer full of sticky rollers. Cat hairs get everywhere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan's mum bought us a sticky roller each for Christmas, they have been very useful.

      Delete
  3. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EQUIDOR-HORSE-GROOMING-RUBBER-CURRY-COMB-Small-or-Large-Various-Colours-/290883681133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item43ba04bb6d

    I use one of these on carpets and rugs and furniture...- cat hair is I imagine on the same level of being everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks like a very similar product, they're great aren't they. I think cat and rabbit fur is fairly similar, nice when it's on the beast, everywhere when it's not!

      Delete